|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s – 2010s – 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2009 2010 2011 – 2012 – 2013 2014 2015|
Below is a list of currency-related and country-related events that occurred in 2012.
- March 1: The Turkish lira sign is altered.
- A new series of Namibian banknotes is introduced.
- The Swiss National Bank announces a new series of Swiss banknotes to be introduced as early as 2015.
- The United States continues its Presidential $1 Coin Program with coins of Chester A. Arthur, Grover Cleveland, and Benjamin Harrison. Two different coins of Cleveland were issued for his two non-consecutive terms as President of the United States.
- The United States continues its America the Beautiful Quarters program with coins of the El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico, Chaco Culture National Historical Park in New Mexico, Acadia National Park in Maine, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii, and Denali National Park in Alaska.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.